- Board of Supervisors
- SU Statement of Non-Discrimination
- Board Meeting Schedule
- Board Members
- Board Committees
- Current Board Packet
- Watch Meeting
- Watch Board Meeting/Stream Archive
- Board Bylaws
- Board Policies
- Board Packets Archive
- Board Minutes Archive
- The Above and Beyond Award
- Campus Data
- Educational Assistance Scholarship
Part II Article I of Bylaws
A. The Board of Supervisors of Southern University and Agricultural and Mechanical College. The Board of Supervisors of Southern University and Agricultural and Mechanical College or Board, as used in these bylaws, shall be composed of the members of the Board of Supervisors, duly appointed and qualified as provided by law.
B. Chairman of the Board. The term Chairman of the Board, as used in these bylaws, shall refer to the Supervisor who is the duly elected Chairman of the Board of Supervisors.
C. University System or System. The term University System or System, when used in these bylaws, shall refer to the system of campuses and other facilities governed by the Board of Supervisors, including:
1. Southern University and Agricultural and Mechanical College at Baton Rouge.
2. Southern University at New Orleans.
3. Southern University at Shreveport. (4-23-99)
4. Southern University Law Center.
5. Southern University Agricultural Research and Extension Center (10-26-01)
6. Any other college, university, school, institution or program now or hereafter assigned to the Southern University Board of Supervisors.
D. President of the University System. The term President of the University System or President, as used in these bylaws, shall refer to the duly appointed President or acting President of the University System and Secretary to the Board of Supervisors and its committees.
E. Chancellor. The term Chancellor, as used in these bylaws, shall refer to the administrative head of a campus, professional school, or other statutory units of the University System as designated by the Board.
F. The masculine gender, when used in these bylaws, shall also denote the feminine gender, when applicable.
G. Unclassified Employees. All employees who are not members of the classified services of the State of Louisiana shall be unclassified employees.
H. Classified Employees. Employees whose appointments are governed by the rules and regulations of the Department of Civil Service for the State of Louisiana shall be classified employees.